Do you have a deep passion for boating?
Fill out the form below to inquire about a career with Vanderbilt Luxury Pontoons.
Unique opportunity for growth at an up-and-coming manufacturing company. Our luxury pontoon boats are manufactured onsite, so the willingness to interact with our product and production floor employees is a must. We are seeking an entry-level 3D Product Development Designer who wants to gain hands-on experience while taking pride in their work by seeing it come to life. We strive to keep the small, tight-knit company mentality and treat every employee like they are a part of our family. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual who has the ability to visualize a design and bring it to life on the computer. This individual will also be working closely with our Manufacturing Engineer to design and develop fixturing and jigs to improve our product thru-put.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in 2D and 3D product design and development from initial concept thru to production, utilizing Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Reverse engineer parts into 2D/3D
- Create detailed prints and assembly drawings for production
- Meet with project members and production floor operators to review designs and drawings
- Assist in fixture design and detailing as necessary
- Provide technical support during assembly and installation of new designs or processes
- Associates Degree or Certification in Design or Drafting is preferred
- At least 1 to 3 years of experience in designing and drafting
- Able to read and understand prints and sketches
- Able to follow directions and listen effectively
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Must have experience in 3D modeling
- Boating/Marine experience is a plus
We are looking for a 1st shift aluminum welder for our ever-growing Fort Wayne, IN, manufacturing facility. At Vanderbilt Luxury Pontoons, we strive build the highest quality and most innovative pontoon boat on the water. We are privately owned and operated out of a 50,000 sq. ft. facility. You have the opportunity to be a part of a growing company where we treat you like family. If you have a passion for boating and life on the water, we encourage you to apply!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform weld inspection, quality checks and required paperwork in a timely manner
- Be able to operate band and chop saws
- Be able to operate drills, sanders, grinders, screw guns and other air tools
- Have a knowledge of fabricating parts
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments and supervisors as needed
- Operate welding equipment according to job guidelines
- Verify parts are made to prints
- Report equipment breakdowns, shortages and poor-quality materials to supervisor
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- 1 – 3 years of aluminum welding experience preferred
- Vocational or welding certificate preferred
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to read and mark-up prints/work instructions
- Ability to perform quality checks and ensure quality product is produced
- High attention to detail and quality
While performing the duties and requirements of this job, the employee may be required to lift heavier objects weighing 50 to 100 pounds and stand frequently. The employee must also be able to walk, push/pull objects, climb stairs, squat, kneel, and be able to tighten screws, bolts, etc. The essential job functions and physical demands listed are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. Work requirements may be modified or reasonably accommodated so a qualified employee can perform their essential functions. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. We understand that talent and experience extends beyond certification and the technical requirements of a job. We embrace experience, passion and skill as essential qualities in our employees.